Friday, September 25, 2009

Today at the office……

Hello folks,
I’m just reporting on my first month here in my village. So far so good, I’m not having any trouble keeping busy. I’ve met all of the Officials within the district of Mbarali. I’ve had lunch with the Officials in the Rujewa and Ubaruku wards. While visiting the 4 area schools I’ve met 2 headmasters, 2 principals, between 20-25 teachers who introduced me to over 3,000 very eager students. While during an analysis of my Village I’ve accepted over 20 invitations to breakfast, lunch and or dinner, received 4 marriage proposals, a kitten, and a chicken as housewarming gifts. I gave the chicken away because it didn’t lay eggs. I kept the kitten and named it Killer so that it wont forget what it’s job is. In my spare time I’ve had a lot of cocktails with 5 catholic priests, (2 Italian, 3 Tanzanian) help start a garden, distributed mosquito nets to the women and children, assisted with voter registration, attended 2 weddings, 3 funerals, and gotten kicked out of a nightclub. Needless to say I’m enjoying myself, having a great time and helping out where needed.

I would like to thank you all for your emails, phone calls and packages that you have sent me. It means a lot to me that you would take time out of your daily routine and think of me. It means more to me than you know! Sometimes i just need to talk English and not Swahili..thank you!
Love,

Shani C.

No comments:

Post a Comment