Thursday, January 19, 2012

day 1 who fails pe?

Day 1.

I chose #13 to start with on my 30 day challenge for change….Let’s just say I’ve already been defeated. #13 says that I should try not to tell a single lie for 30 days! I work with children of all ages who come from different backgrounds. Some of them have behavioral issues and some of them have developmental issues. My favorite child on my caseload “thinks” he’s the smartest person in the world and knows EVERYTHING! I had an opportunity to prove this 10 year old wrong; it was for his own good of course. During my home visit with him last evening he decided to not disclose to me the grades from his report card which came out last week. We were talking and laughing, he was telling me alllll about the fun he had this weekend and everything else under the sun, except his grades. So I proceeded to have a separate conversation, very loudly, with his grandmother about how Disney is giving away free trips for families with children whose grades are not so good. I mean everyone knows that Disney gives away thousands of trips to families with children who are failing most of their classes, right? All of a sudden I see my smart little 10 year old walk to his room and get this crumbled up report card from under his bed….he proceeds to unravel the wrinkled and balled up piece of paper and hands it to me. “Ms. Shani!!! Look…I’m failing math and PE, do you think we can go do Disney?” I respond very seriously, “No…not even Walt Disney would understand how you can fail PE!”

Let me know how the challenge is going for you….

Swahili lesson for today:

Bustani (boo-stawni) Garden

Love and as always, Sunshine & Rainbows!

No comments:

Post a Comment