Friday, January 27, 2012

You're Just A Big Meanie

You’re Just a Big Meanie

Hello All…..
Over the last few days I’ve noticed some things that have been a little disturbing to me. Maybe I’ve been living in a fantasy world with Unicorns and Rainbows, but lately I’ve noticed that people are “Mean!” I’ve noticed people pass each other in the hallways at work without as much as a “hello.” I’ve seen a little old lady standing up on a crowded bus, while onlookers clench their coach bags and sip their lattes. Marriages, if they take place, end in divorce quicker than the seasons change these days. We’ve become so cautious of one another that even when a total strange speaks to us, instead of saying hello we wonder what the heck their motive really is. The younger generation has become so disconnected from the simple things in life; such as reading a book or riding a bike. When I drive through my neighborhood I get so excited to see children playing outside; but then I become worried when I don’t see any adults around to ensure their safety. I’ve observed someone else’s demise be the source of other’s laughter ……When did this become Okay?

Did it ever dawn on us that Humans need other Humans to survive? Have we lost sight of the most common things in life such as Love and Support? Our thoughts, actions and feelings automatically affect one another; on some level we are all connected. We may not like to face it but every thing we do in life has the ability to be a positive or negative link for another human being. When I tell people my life’s motto is “Sunshine & Rainbows” they look at me crazy, but then they smile. No matter what happened before I talked with them or happens next; for one moment in time I connected positively with another human being. Have you ever found yourself explaining your happiness; who questions why someone is happy? When asked “Why are you so happy?”, I respond, “Why aren’t you so happy?” Maybe it’s the way the world has been for centuries, eons, and maybe it will always be this way and possibly get worse, but there is one thing you can always count on and that’s my Sunshine & Rainbows!

Today’s Swahili Lesson:
Siafu (see-a-foo)= Ant

Love Always,

SKCH

No comments:

Post a Comment